Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cookies!

Thanks to www.RecipeGirl.com I discovered the wonderful tastiness that is this recipe last night


VANILLA COOKIE DOUGH
½ cup (2 ounces) powdered sugar
¾ cup (1½ sticks, 6 ounces) unsalted butter
½ tsp salt
1½ tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups (6¼ ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour


Cream the sugar, butter and vanilla. Add flour. Mix and roll til it's dough, then press into forms or cookie pan. Bake on 350


It makes the most lovely short-bready-flaky cookie bordering on biscuit. I highly recommend, and I'll be making these for my neighborhood cookie exchange next week!


The recipe yields about 20 cookies in the shaped cookie pan I was using.

1 comment:

  1. I've tried this recipe using a dairy-free margarine (Fleischmann's Unsalted) and the result is the same. Nice dough to work with and yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!