Monday, June 22, 2009

Front Yard Before and After


Before. (Cue: fog horn)

After! (Cue: trumpet fanfare)

Here's what I've been working on doing over the last month. The previous owners were okay with just a bunch of Giant Mums
I wanted a variety of colors, textures and heights. Maybe it's not perfect, but it makes me very happy!

I didn't pay full retail price on anything, and I looked for the best deals around town. Overall, K-Mart on Hickman Road had the best deals on small shrubs and bushes. Some of my plants are transplants from a private home near Des Moines North High School. And a few more are from the Home Depot. All in all, it was an investment near $200, but everything is perennial, so I look at it as an investment in landscaping I won't have to deal with in the future.

Does anyone else giggle when they hear the words "Giant Mums"? It sounds like a STD!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!