Monday, June 22, 2009

Ring Around the Symbolism

I am wondering: what is your take on wreathes? I liked this one down at the East Village Flower Power event this spring.

Are wreaths too Martha Stewart, sorta remniscent of granny panties and pot pourri, or are they hep? My Mom got me a berry-twig wreath with a mustard yellow ribbon, with the best of intentions, trying to pull together the paint in our new house, prior to us having the place re-painted in tones that agree with us. Ummm, it's been removed and will travel back to Cedar Rapids soon!
Additionally, looking into symbolism of wreaths made me wonder: How many people actually decorate with items that are symbolic of elements they wish to bring into their lives? Or do we select things because they "match", they reflect a style/era/genre, because we see them in cherished back-issues of House & Garden ? How much Law of Attraction or Feng Shui do you apply to your decor...or do you just throw whatever matches at Gordman's or Target on your walls?




Ugh, don't do that! Go out to Etsy.com where you can find...


Summer Mix Wreath



The thing that bugs me most about wreaths is that they fall apart. Perhaps this one, hung strategically in the kitchen might make my Italian dishes even more tasty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!