Friday, January 22, 2010

Birthday Party

So, I'm 30, and in honor of this, I'm making a party for my friends, and having them bring donations for The Pet Project Midwest's Pet Pantry. I think about 30 friends are coming, I'm looking forward to introducing my old friends to some newer ones.

Of course the bar in the man cave is stocked and the house is clean....what on earth am I making for food!? This has been plaguing me all week. I want to use ingredients I already own, as our pantry is in a crazy state of over-stock...

1. Cream cheese stuffed mushrooms (hot)
2. Bacon-wrapped pineapple chunks (hot)
3. Spinach-artichoke dip (hot)
4. Crudite and dill dip (cold)
5. Cheezeburger dip (hot)
6. Cheese and 6 kinds of crackers (cold)
7. Chocolate dipped pretzel sticks and marshmallows
8. Cake. Obviously.

What else? Am I missing anything else? Is what I'm making too pedestrian? Do I need something with fruit? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Booze is a GIVEN! See above: "Of course the bar in the man cave is stocked"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share recipes?? This sounds nummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Grease a pan with Crisco, De-stem mushrooms, place in pan. In a bowl, mix 1 pkg cream cheese, half of the mushroom stems, sprinkle of cayenne, sprinkle of dried parsley half a tsp-ish of garlic in olive oil, blend till creamy. It's all to taste and look. I heated up the mixture to get it to move through

    2. Bacon wrapped pineapple--cook the bacon on one side

    I made 3 and 4 easier on myself by purchasing them at Costco and Hy-Vee, respectively.

    5. Cheeseburger dip: 1 lb hamburger, cooked to medium, package of shredded cheese, 2 c sour cream. Place in crock in oven to melt, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle of cayenne pepper for color/taste

    6. The best dipping chocolate I've found for the price is Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels. Heat over lowest range setting and stir slowly/constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!