Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wedding Photos--How many is too many?

How many wedding pictures is too many to use in home decor?

I framed this grouping of 5X7 items last night, I feel like this finished product displays some of the most expensive parts of our wedding and reception--the photographer, the dress, the announcements, the invitations--and allows me to get rid of other memento clutter.

But, back to my question--I have a photo collage from our wedding in the family room, a formal picture in the dining room, this in the kitchen, a two-some in the stairwell and Patrick has 3 pictures in his office, one in the man cave and one in his man-cave bathroom. That may be a lot, but we do have a lot of blank wall space! I suppose that once we have a child, pictures of that child will grace the walls. In home-staging, the experts like Sabrina Soto say that personal pictures are a no-no, but our house isn't for sale, so I suppose we display to our heart's content.

Fighting left-over clutter from the wedding is something that everyone needs to do, but the wedding process is so long and your brain is trained to keep and retain anything information that might ward off or help mitigate bad luck on the wedding day. I have left wedding mode and have moved on to other things, so I'm ready to get rid of the stuff I don't need anymore. First, I have these books for sale:

The Knot Book of Wedding Lists by Carly Roney
Wedding Readings by Eleanor Munro
Wedding Blessings by June Cotner
The Knot Guide to wedding vows and traditions by Carly Roney
The Conscious Bride by Nissenen
Wedding Speeches and Toasts by Darren Noel
Here Comes the Bride by Jaclyn Geller

1 comment:

  1. My feeling is that you should display whatever makes you happy. And if photos of your wedding make you smile, plaster your whole house with them.

    If you are newly married, having loads of wedding photos is totally normal. You'll eventually swap them out with photos of other parts of your life.

    ReplyDelete

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!