Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Clarke County Animal Shelter

Let's HELP Clarke County Animal Shelter. I read the KCCI news story like all of you, and was heartbroken, I immediately called and made an appointment to go to Clarke County to help them with what I can do--which was take pics and videos of all of the remaining animals and post them on a new Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clarke-County-Animal-Shelter-Clarke-County-Iowa/259296843611 also started a Twitter account for them, it is @ClarkeAnimals, and I invite you to follow that feed and tell others about it.

Clarke is a relatively nice shelter, compared to many I've been in, we're starting from a very promising jumping-off point. The shelter director, Sarah is a very nice person. She is young, and she's been shouldering all of this stress with extreme grace. Most importantly: I found her to be completely open to new ideas, new projects, new ways of thinking that SAVE LIVES.

Let's get together, let's create some GREAT new programs and committees to fulfill them: Spay/Neuter, Transport, Fostering and Rescue release/transfer, Adoption Events, Food Bank, Trap-Neuter-Return...I am sure you can think of more! When do you all want to get together, would evening or a weekend day work better to meet up and create these committees? Does anyone have access to a large space where 282+ people can meet? Let's talk!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Holly! I'm actually from Osceola, so this is near and dear to my heart. I'd love to do what I can to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Next Wednesday I'm going down again, I should be coming back with some more solid plans! I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!