Sunday, July 19, 2009

Deck Makeover Needed!




This morning I decided our back deck needs, as Delysia Lafosse would put it, a "Fixie". I've done some re-arranging, but I just think something has to happen in general to vary the heights of the plants, to better use the small space, and to accommodate:

  • 1. A Large table which is somewhat cumbersome to move.
  • 2. Deck stairs which face the wrong way for our needs.
  • 3. The grill, which we use often.
  • 4. Umbrella and stand to provide relief from the Noon sun.
  • 5. Antique garden cart containing planting supplies.
  • 6. Disasterous, but necessary storage space underneath.
As building on to the deck isn't an options, I do believe I will look for a smaller table as they begin to go on clearance. I'm also interested in adding or moving the steps, as the current configuration doesn't allow for easy access to the water spigot.

Do you know of anyone who specializes in making decks less ugly? Suggestions on how I could make mine more appealing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice! If you don't like me, you at least have to tell me who you are!